Subject: UKNM: Wasting time on tenders
From: Chris Dickens
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 14:33:28 +0100

We've recently tendered for a project being offered by a major
appliances manufacturer. Having discovered that we hadn't been
successful I called the contact to ask why. After some fairly
un-convincing guff he revealed that the contract had already been
awarded - get this - before the purchasing department had released the
tender.

A total waste of time (not billable!) and effort. The company is now on
our black-list.

Does anyone else have any similar experiences? Perhaps we could exchange
notes.

Chris Dickens
Client Services Director
Module Communications Group Ltd