Subject: Re: UKNM: The invisible banner?
From: Geoff Inns
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:34:44 GMT

Ford measured brand-building effectiveness of banners before they started
committing to it properly. I did have the case study but it has gone
walkabout since I moved job, though I do remember emailing it to Kirsty
Race of Walker Media & Ian Tester of Fletcher, so if they are on this list
perhaps they can bung it out to the public.

Obviously Ford were pleased with the results as they have continued to use
new media. There was also an interesting study by Berkeley Systems on the
brand recall of rich media (for rich read interstitial) - after 30 days a
higher recall than TV was achieved, though much of this no doubt down to
the novelty factor (though you do sit a lot closer to your PC than you do
your TV).

Effectiveness studies in other media have been around for ages - perhaps a
formalised approach for NM would be appropriate now.

Geoff Inns
Business Development Manager
Guardian Unlimited. 0171 713 4457