Subject: Re: UKNM: Site Inspection - thank you and goodnight
From: Ray Taylor
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 17:23:18 GMT

From: Mike Butcher <mikebatcentaur [dot] co [dot] uk>

> Ray Taylor wrote:
> >> Personally, I can think of few things more tedious and absurd than
> reading
> >> about a web site in a print magazine. Have never done it, and don't
> intend
> >> to start now.
>
> As Richard Longhurst also points out, we find that people do in fact like
> reading about Web sites in print magazines. Why? It saves them the arduous
> task of having to tease through the site themselves - it also saves them
> time. These points are so obvious they are almost not worth making, and
I'm
> now rather annoyed I even bothered.

I guess at this point, to avoid further offence to my good friends in the
press, I should emphasise that my personal view about not finding web
reviews interesting was intended to be a personal view, which is the reason
why I stated that it was a personal view. I don't like reading them but I'm
not suggesting other people don't.

Of course other people read them, and of course sites get valuable PR from
inclusion in print. And as long as business press still has an ink and paper
outlet it will be worth while covering site launches, etc. </climbdown>

Ray Taylor
"Anything that Ray Taylor says has nothing to do with the rest of us" -
everyone else at eyeconomy