[Previous] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Previous in Thread] [Next in Thread]

Subject: Re: UKNM: Three cheers Amazon UK
From: Mark Dolley
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 1998 16:13:10 +0000 (GMT)

Aidan Cook,aidanatsensei [dot] co [dot] uk wrote on 10/30/98 7:29 AM:

>This maybe terribly naive, but if somebody in the UK has a good enough
>idea, then what is to stop them going to get capital from the US, where by
>all accounts the streets are paved with it?

Your only problem will be the work permit. Get around that and you're
golden. I wouldn't say the streets are paved with gold here (and as I
type, I am one block from "Multimedia Gulch" and two blocks from the
Wired building). But that said, even the locals are astounded at how
cheap capital is. Many VCs are now so keen to spend their money they run
Entrepreneur in Residence programs where they sponsor you for six months
/ a year while you refine your business plan...

Mark Dolley z a p w o r k s !
vox:(+1) 415 543 8600
http://way.nu/advertising

[Previous] - [Index] [Thread Index] - [Next in Thread] [Previous in Thread]