Subject: UKNM: Search Engine Optimisation
From: Lucy Cokes \(*\\*\)
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 18:40:54 GMT

I want to know if anyone has any thoughts on why companies seem to spend
such a small percentage of their online marketing budgets on SEO, Directory
submissions and directory advertising when supposedly 80% of people use
Search Engines and Directories as their first port of call in finding what
they want online.

I think it is astonishing that over 50% of UK websites are not even designed
to be picked up by search engines.

Does anyone know of examples where companies have forked out to ensure this
sort of coverage. The ROI is hundreds of times better than banner
advertising - yet people seem happy to throw their cash at banners.

I guess it is something to do with measurability - anyway I would be
interested in knowing everyone's thoughts on this............

Lucy Cokes

Neutralize (*\*)
Independent Online Marketing Services
T: +44 (0)1209 210910
M: +44 (0)7970 202680
E: lucyatneutralize [dot] com
U: http://www.neutralize.com
List your inventory in the UK section of TheAdStop.com
Offices: USA | UK | China | Korea | India | Russia
http://uk.TheAdStop.com Directory of Internet Advertising!

taking of any action in reliance upon, this by persons or entities other
than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses
which could damage your own computer system. While NUERA Limited has taken
every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept
liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses.
You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment.