Subject: Re: UKNM: Email marketers
From: Ashley Pomeroy
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 15:41:32 GMT

>>>>www.brand.company.xx or www.company.xx/brand<<<<

It depends how you expect people to reach the page. If you expect people
to just type the listing in from an advert, say, the former is easier to
remember. If it's just going to be linked from elsewhere, the latter is
better, as it's free.

most of this stuff off the net<<<<

But we can't clean up spam. And a lot of people want 'most of this
stuff'. It's what the internet was built on - porn, and pirated
software. Take those away, and the internet is just a way to download
patches for computer games and play Team Fortress (but only if you have
unmetered access). Anything else is an interloper.

and actually responded to it i.e.bought something/visited a web site and
clicked on a banner?<<<<

In my case, precisely never. Not even in 1995 - I am more or less the same
person I was then. It actually annoys me, and I filter most of it
nowadays.

-
"In the land of the blind, the blindest man is king"
Ashley Pomeroy - arpatslab [dot] org - http://www.ashleypomeroy.com/

Seminars, exhibitions, networking events, parties, conferences.
Finding it difficult to keep up and plan ahead?

Sign up for Chinwag's weekly new media events newsletter,
all the events you need to know about, direct to your inbox.

http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml