Subject: Re: UKNM: Copyright issues
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:57:37 +0100

Try Equity, the actors union ...www.equity.co.uk/ .org ?

Lee
From: Paul Sanders <paulatstate51 [dot] co [dot] uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:48:00 +0100

>>Hello,
>
>I'm looking for a good online resource covering copyright and usage issues
>around a number of different media including Web /Networked content, TV,
>and DVD content.

I too have looked for such a beast, and usually failed. The US Civil Code
is online (at Stanford Uni, I think). WIPO too at http://www.wipo.org/

As far as I understand it, copyright is largely independent of the medium,
though different media require different exploitation rights obviously.

Currently on my desk is Holyoak and Terremans' 'Intellectual Property Law',
published by Butterworths. It does a fine job of explaining the CDPA.

If you want a laugh, try calling a record company's head legal and business
and asking your rights under the 'fair dealing' provisions...

Cheers

paul
-
Paul Sanders - a member of the state51 conspiracy
http://www.state51.co.uk/
email: paulatstate51 [dot] co [dot] uk tel: 0207 729 4343
state51, Rhoda Street, London, E2 7EF, UK