Subject: UKNM: Regional Marketing (Was: ADMIN: Slow ole list...)
From: Tom Hukins
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 1998 23:09:28 +0100

Sam Michel wrote:
>You may have noticed that things have slowed down somewhat over the last
>day or so, this is due to a slight hiccup at the server not helped by the
>fact I though everyone was feeling dozy after a bank holiday weekend!

Sam, I hope this message doesn't seem like I'm picking on you, (because it
isn't intended that way), but there was no bank holiday last Monday in a
sizeable area of the UK.

Here in Aberdeen, many of the large department stores display signs each
August saying "This store will be open on the forthcoming Bank Holiday" or
similar. Right now many of these stores are promoting all the usual "Back
to School" stuff even though local kids went back to school two weeks ago.

I'm sure everyone on this list knows how important it is to use different
marketing strategies for different countries. However, British firms must
also learn how to market to different areas of the UK.

Regards,
Tom

--

Learn how to create amazing web sites

Visit eBORcOM's Web Development Resources
http://www.eborcom.com/webmaker/