Subject: RE: UKNM: e-commerce own goal (was argos i think)
From: Lee Rickler
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:00:54 +0100

>As the speculation is to continue, here is my next bit of third-hand
>heresay. Apparently, the price was advertised correctly, but was rounded
>to �3.00 from �299.00 when it arrived in the 'shopping basket'. No offer
>or advertised-price gaff just a simple mistake for all to see. And
>Taylor Joynson Garrett should be
>ashamed-of-themselves/very-proud-of-themselves for being the first to
>commercially exploit the publicity.
Okay ... lets look at it another way.

How much free publicity has this bought Argos?

How much will it cost argos to warrant the deal?

I'd say way less than the cost of a few tellies and for a site that's
only pulling in, allegedly, 100,000 a month they need all the publicity
they can get.

Cheap publicity stunt? ... hmmmmm ... i think so.

Lee
The ultimate DJ site:
--- www.djindex.com ---
FREE guestlist and concessionary entry to top clubs
--- email: clubbingatdjindex [dot] com ---

All statements made and agreements came to by means of email are at all
times subject to Terms and Conditions of service and product
descriptions/sales literature.
Representations made above and beyond those contained there in are not to
be relied upon and are at no time contractually binding.