Subject: Re: FLASH: tell target
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 14:51:56 GMT

Hi Gavin,

> Has anybody else noticed that you can't stop a movie clip using 'goto and
> stop' in tell target and then start it again.
No.

> The only way you can stop and
> start is with the basic commands. If I tell a movie to go frame x on rollout
> and then play and on a different event (rollover) it must change to another
> frame and stop, I it won't respond to either events. Is there a way around
> this (seperate movie clips perhaps?) or am I doing something wrong?
First make sure you are applying your actions to the button Instance and
not to the button's timeline frame.
Make sure you have given the Instance a Name (Numbers in the example
below).
Note the Library name and the Instance name are not the same.

On (Roll Over)
Tell Target Target: /Numbers
Go to and Stop Frame: 10
End Tell Target