Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash vs. Dir for CD-rom development?
From: Brad Bechtel
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 22:49:21 +0000 (GMT)

Could you post your duties at MM? What dept do you rep?

Don't you read the about box credits? I'm wounded...<insert grin thingie here>

I'm in Quality Assurance (sometimes also referred to as Quantity Assurance). I've been working on various products (Action!, Director, SoundEdit, Backstage, etc.) since I started here in 1992. Take whatever I've said so far with a grain of salt in direct proportion to what you feel Flash should be doing.

Rather than continue misunderstanding each other in front of the rest of the Flasher list, I invite you to take our discussion offline. I don't normally use the big <g> icon thingie or the :^) emoticon to indicate kidding; you can certainly include <GRIN> before and after the "screwdriver to drive nails" statement.

I do feel that Flash is capable of being used for CD-ROM development. I also feel that a lot of things that people try to do with Flash are better done with other products, specifically Director.