Subject: UKNM: State of the Nation
From: Sam Michel
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 15:26:30 +0100

Hi Gang,

I didn't make it down to Internet World (OK, so if you're being pedantic it
hasn't finished yet - but I know I'm not going to have time) but all the
reports I have heard indicate that you could almost see the tumbleweeds
blowing across the exhibition hall and conference at OIympia. Did you go?
Is this fair? Are the reports of a v. quite conference over-estimated?

If this is true, is it an indicator of the state of the UK new media
industry? I must admit I missed most of the marketing for the event, which
might explain why it was quiet, but in comparison the Internet World events
in the US are rammed full.

To further dispell the hush, anyone got any account wins (and I don't just
mean websites) they'd like to mention? I can't remember the last time I saw
an announcement in the press.

On the other hand, maybe I'm dreaming all this, could the heat be getting
to me?

Toodle Pip

Sam
Webmedia Group, 21 Noel St, London, W1V 3RD
T: 0171 494 0812 F: 0171 434 1304 E: samatwebmedia [dot] com
ICQ Pager: 4561042
Webmedia: http://www.webmedia.com
ShockeR: http://www.shocker.com