Subject: RE: UKNM: Loyalty points
From: Chris Heathcote
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 17:20:34 +0100

At 9:11 am +0100 on 10/9/99, Jeff Marshall wrote:

>You could try to register for a new card to try to move out of the control
>group, but if your details all remain the same, you may find yourself being
>de-duped against your earlier registration, ending up on the same partition
>on the database, and still being in the control group. Perhaps you'll have
>to move house to get marketed at. ;-)

Swop loyalty cards with a friend/relative/whomever, register your
dog, get a card for your goldfish :)

But I suppose this goes against the general principles of most
marketing people ;)

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Despite all these databases and datamining that (supposedly) goes on,
they still send me vouchers for things I would never use.... as with
all data sets, it's a case of using the data wisely, which I haven't
yet seen with loyalty cards.

c.
--
no matter how fast or how far you run