Subject: Re: FLASH: the disney argument continues..
From: Michael Dunn
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 20:24:26 +0100

on 04.25.00 5.10a, Ben Park wrote:

> I'm sure you can admit that Disney is no longer something to go "oooohhh"
> about...

Since when are you supposed to go "oooohhh" over a film for it to be good?
Isn't the story the most important part?

> Also, all Disney films are aimed at children, and I'm a bit fed up of it.
> I'd rather watch the Simpsons - which is quite clearly aimed more at adults,
> as I'm sure half the kids that watch it don't understand a lot of the
> jokes..

There are a lot of adult-intended jokes in Disney films, too. Maybe you just
didn't get them.

> And - I don't like musicals - and lets face it - Disney films do have a lot
> of music in them - I wouldn't mind so much, if they'd only come into this
> century and realise you don't have to sing all the time to show your
> emotions.
> So come on Disney - drop the musical fad - it went out years ago...make Phil
> Collins worry about where his next pay-check is coming from : )

Not all of Disney's films are musicals (Rescuers Down Under comes to mind).
And I can't think of an animated film that utilizes the genre to better
effect than Beauty and the Beast (nominated for an Oscar, that film, for
best picture). Besides, all of this is simply a matter of personal taste.
What would happen if I said I hated the way Anime characters had big eyes,
or the animation was choppy, or Akira's plot structure was convoluted and
unrealistic? Personal preference, and it's no longer remotely related to
Flash. So, sorry I started this whole thing.

And by your own admission:
> I am almost in the middle of know-where

too true, too true.
All in good fun during lunch break...