Subject: RE: FLASH: OT: Flashkiller
From: Hal Medrano
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 17:28:01 +0100

Hi Branden,

I love using Flash and agree with all you say. But not all my output goes
to web, so it's not entirely relevant. Obviously, as I get more experience
with LM I'll find where it works and where it doesn't. My point is simply
to use a little ingenuity to develop your OWN production processes, and
keep your mind open as to what tools might help you out. What's flawed
about that theory?

>From what I can see right now, LM looks to be a nice addition to the
toolbox. Opinions will be formed and clarified through experience.

Hal

>Good points, but the theory behind it is flawed.
>
>Live motion does provide for some cool effects and does makes some things
>easier to do, but in doing so it very often takes you into bitmap land, and
>hence huge file sizes. Livemotion was not made with the way the web is now
>in mind, period. Flash was, again, period. Flash has a better way of
>organizing the objects you use (the library, and no Adobe's isn't the same
>if you are wondering), Flash includes the ability to look at the stats for
>each SWF you make, and Flash has the bandwidth profiler which is by far one
>of the most powerful and cool tools for making something "web ready" that I
>have ever seen.
>

>>"Kristin K. Rule" wrote:
>>
>>> <snip> Live Motion is a
>>> perfectly good product made by a great company that will only help make
>>> Flash more widespread.

>>That just might happen when they can articulate just where LiveMotion fits
>>into the production process.
>>

>I think the two tools might complement each other very well....(snip!)

Hal Medrano
New Media Group
U S WEST Creative Services

flasher is generously supported by...