Subject: FLASH: Director with Flash 4 Question
From: Rachel Bachman
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 01:21:52 +0100

I want to use a Flash 4 file in a Director 7
dcr (shockwave file). I want to use mp3
compression on a sound contained within
the Flash file.

I don't seem to be having any luck with this.
I can see the Flash file but am getting no
sound when viewing in the dcr. This indicates
to me that I can not use the mp3 compression
on the sound file. (It plays just fine within
the director native file).

The same flash file saved as a flash 3 .swf
plays fine inside of the dcr but the
file size is much larger.

I would love confirmation that either mp3
compression on a flash 4 file is not supported
in a dcr or some suggestions re: what I might
be doing incorrectly.

Much thanks in advance,
rachel