Subject: Re: FLASH: Downgrading to F2 woes...
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 06:58:28 +0100

Howdy!
>> The browser that comes bundled in our software only supports F2...was
told
>> different prior to Friday at 5pm.
>
>If you have that in writing you don't have to downgrade; it's up to the
>browser folks to rectify the problem.
>
>Or get and distribute the FL3 plug installer.

Well, the coders didn't really fill me in until Friday at 5pm. I'm
fulltime...they're not gonna do me any favors, bud. The FL3 plug installer
is roughly a buck per. Nice. Seems ridiculous, but it's the justification
that MM doesn't get to direct traffic to their site... among many other
diluted reasons, I'm sure. (please spare me the diatribes; the days are
blurring and I'm just not up for another MM justification)

>> Sympathy taken. Hopefully an upgrade will be in line for us. This is
mucho
>> painful.
>
>Damn it boy it's near 10 PM. Go home.
>
>If you ARE home log out and yank the plug on the modem.
>
>Really.

I left at 10pm. Actually, left at 9pm and then walked back because New
England was too small and needed to be sure the end-user could click on
Rhode Island without too much difficulty. All on my own accord. Somedays,
I'm just too nice...especially when my staff resents me and thinks I do
nothing...of course, they're working 9 hour days to my 14, so I can
certainly see their justification. Oh, and if I get one more reaming
out...you'll have to call me Lincoln because my butt'll be as wide as the
Lincoln Tunnel.

All that being said, it's not nearly as bad as I make it out; I like to beat
myself up a lot. I have this tragic tendency to make matters worse than
they are (on myself) and then proceed to ride a rollercoaster until I can
complete a project. Fun, eh? Grrrrr.... Somedays, you just wish you'd
never hearda Bruce Epstein... ;-)

Thanks for the concern, Mr. Howdy.

Aloha!

Russ