Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash: Mid-Project Upgrade?
From: Eric Smollin
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 15:45:07 +0100

Keane Sadler wrote:

>I am in the middle of a project (actually, closer to the begining), and was
>wondering if I should upgrade. I have downloaded the demo of F4 (Still
>waiting for the CD), but don't know if it will change any of the work I've
>done to date. Please advise: upgrade now or wait till project is finished?

I'm in the same boat. I downloaded the demo (waiting for the disc to arrive)
and made a copy of my .fla and opened it in Flash 4. To my surprise
everything worked great and when I saved it, the file size shrunk a good
deal. The swf in Flash 3 was 202k and now the same movie exported out of
Flash 4 is 178k.

If you decide to work on your project in Flash 4 make sure you have a backup
copy of the .fla somewhere just in case. Also once you save a project in
Flash 4, you can no longer work on that same project in Flash 3, I found
that out the hard way...CRASH...

-Eric-