Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash 4: Trouble getting Tell Target to read an expression
From: Dave Hollinden
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 17:39:55 +0100

Hi Judy,

I remember having a similar problem during beta testing. What I found is
that I was referencing a variable in the incorrect variable space. Where
does the variable FrameNumber exist, in the main timeline or in the movie
clip Tut1? The syntax /:FrameNumber is for a variable that exists in the
main timeline.

Hope this helps,

Dave

At 10:10 AM 6/24/99 -0300, you wrote:
>Good Morning,
>Please excuse me for sending this to two lists, but I am absolutely baffled.
>
>I have a movie clip called Main Movie and inside it there are two movie clip
>instances called Tut1 and Slider. Slider has a button that tell targets
>Tut1. Well, I can telltarget it to go to a specific frame in Tut1, but I
>can't get it to read an expression.
>
>This is the expression that doesn't work:
>Begin Tell Target ("/tut1")
> Go to and Stop (/:FrameNumber)
>End Tell Target
>
>If I replace /:FrameNumber with a hard coded number, it works properly.

Dave Hollinden
Audio Engineer
Jet City Studios, Seattle
dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com (mailto:dhollindenatjetcitystudios [dot] com)