Subject: FLASH: Collecting info from Flash movie(s)
From: Jeff Talbot
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 18:50:52 +0100

Hi to all fellow Flashers.

Being new to the list, I had hoped to lurk for a few more days to get
a feel for the list before posting - but real life isn't so patient ;)

I am creating a flash movie which requires the end user to make a
series of A/B decisions throughout the movie. Using a number of MC's
and the Load Movie command is fine to accomplish this, but:

a) is there any way I can collect responses to the decisions taken
(i.e. did they click A or B at each stage) within the movie so that a
'results' sheet may be shown in the final frame of the movie?

b) is there any way this information could then be passed onto an html
form so that it would be included in a 'mailto:' response?

Both of the above pertain to a plain vanilla version 3.0 of Flash (no
Generator). Could it be done with JavaScript? I'm no expert, but I'm
prepared to have a go! Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Jeff Talbot

--
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."