Subject: RE: FLASH: GoTo Action failure (VERY creepy)
From: Eric Smollin
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 20:52:11 +0100

Hi again Marcel.

>Thanks Eric...**You Da Man**, I think your on the right track. I'll try
>using the MC's and Tell Target calls. The bitmaps that i'm trying to
preload
>appear later in the course and are mostly ornamental and secondary to the
>instructional-text information. What I'm trying to do is provide the option
>of skipping over the preloading of the bitmaps, instead of forcing the end
>user to wait. I figured that many of the bitmaps would be loading while the
>user was reading the text for the course if they take the option of
skipping
>the preloader.

I'm glad that I could help. You might want to think about creating two
courses (movies), one with images and one without. If the user doesn't click
on the "skip" button, put a "Continue" button at the end of the bitmap
the course without images you can give the "Skip" button an action to bypass
the loading of the bitmaps and go right to the no-image course using Tell
Target (it would have to be loaded already though).

Good luck with the project.

Eric Smollin, Multimedia Instructional Designer
PlanSoft Corporation
esmollinatplansoft [dot] com
www.plansoft.com