Subject: FLASH: Collecting Info from Flash Movie (2)
From: Jeff Talbot
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:26:34 +0100

Hi all,
do I take it from the deafening silence that the answer to my initial
post (below) is "it can't be done in v3"? Could somebody pleeeease
confirm/refute this as I don't really want to upgrade to v4 in the
middle of a (fairly) complex project, but will if absolutely
necessary.
I think I have discovered part of the answer by using FSCommand in a
pseudo 'getURL' action where I can set a command string and args
string, so that commands may be sent between the .swf and the
javascript, and back again. The part I can't work out is whether this
technique can be used to store and retrieve variables.

ANY suggestions/help greatly appreciated,
Jeff

BTW - I know I could 'mock' this up just by using a series of
duplicated MC's/instances with slightly different names, but this
would involve having a total of 65 alternatives for the end-screen!

--
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."