Subject: Re: FLASH: Labels across Frames(Code Heads Needed)
From: Dixon
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 19:38:29 +0100

>Hi James,
>
>Talking across frames between 2 Flash movies requires FSCommand.
>See the Hawaii Scripting example:
>http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Scripting/Index.htm

Thanks for that John, I checked and it, but it seems it is the same code as
the url I posted before.

http://www.flashzone.com/flas/utilities.html

It works fine for IE on both the MAC and PC but the code seems very flakey
on Netscape 4.X. It will only work about 1 in every 50 times and I don't
know why? I have tried on various version and various machines.

Does anyone know why this happens or can anyone suggest a better
IE/Netscape variable.

Sample Code.
-------------

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
<!--
// Handle special cases where we need different code for Internet Explorer
vs. Netscape navigator
var InternetExplorer = navigator.appName.indexOf("Microsoft") != -1;

// Handle all the the FSCommand messages in a Shockwave Flash movie
function mapcontrols_DoFSCommand(command, args)
{
var map = InternetExplorer ? parent.sbottom.rmap :
parent.sbottom.document.rmap;
if ( command=="sendcommand" )
{
args=""+args;
map.TGotoLabel("_flash0",args);
}
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="VBScript">
<!--
Sub mapcontrols_FSCommand(ByVal command, ByVal args)
call mapcontrols_DoFSCommand(command, args)
end sub
-->
</SCRIPT>

James Ede