Subject: Re: FLASH: zoom in to freehand flash
From: John Croteau
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 14:32:41 GMT

Hi Adrian,

> I am new to this list, so I apologise if this is something which is common
> knowledge :) (BTW, is there a searchable archive of this list anywhere?)
> I have used Freehand 8 to create a flash file which I am including on
> one of my HTML pages. The file is an organisational chart and
> I want to allow users to zoom in to view the detail.
> I have found that right-clicking on
> the embedded file will allow me to do this (on the PC) and am sure that
> there will be some way to do this on the mac (although I haven't tried this
> yet), but what I was wondering is if there is any way of creating a 'zoom
> in' and 'zoom out' button which would do this either a) with javascript or
> b) with another flash movie?
1) You can do this with JavaScript ising Flash Metods (FS Commands)
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/Index.htm#Scripting
http://www.FlashCentral.com/Tech/HawaiiMap/

2) You can create a movie clip with a size tween of your image and
control it internally with Flash buttons.

For best performance it is best to make sure your images are well
optimized so your zoom will be as smooth as possible.