Subject: Re: [flasher] Macromedia's stupid banner ad policy
From: John Dowdell
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 20:46:37 -0000

At 9:21 AM 3/22/1, Tom Green wrote:
> Is it just me, or do any others find the fact that Macromedia
> sticks ads all over their sites to be seriously annoying.

Hey, if it were up to me.... ;-)

There's not an overall "wish-siteatmacromedia [dot] com" for site requests, nor
"wish-execs" or such, but there *are* some ways you can get your own
opinions in to the people who make such decisions, thanks:

Newsgroup macromedia.general.website: This is where the website team talks
with their customers. The action's a bit slower since the last redesign,
but this is still the most direct route.

webmasteratmacromedia [dot] com is mostly for broken links, and in reality gets a
lot of misdirected email, but each message still gets read and classified
for action.

Macromedia Customer Service is another route, particularly for a short
"please relay my request" type of call... these frontline folks work hard
and can't change things themselves, but they do help in gauging what's
important to customers on a day-to-day basis. This wouldn't be the best
route, but could help if you really want to hammer the message home.

Product wishlists aren't really appropriate for this. Trade shows and
conferences are another way to bring it up, but again, these frontline
folks can at best relay word internally.

Thanks!

jd