Subject: Re: Go to and Play Problems
From: John Croteau
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 19:31:04 +0100

Hi all,
I would agree with Christian that the MIME is not set. When you get
the puzzle piece or missing icon when the location of the .swf file is
correct, we can only be 99% sure that the MIME is not set correctly. If
you add type="application/x-shockwave-flash" to the <EMBED some people
may be able to see Flash and it should make it so that we can be 100%
sure it is just a MIME setting at the server causing the problem. Adding
type should be a temporary solution/test only.

If you know your server does not have MIME set correctly please let us
know, it is very, very, very annoying to have a browser crash and
killing links and Email replies in progress.

We now see (in IE Win95/NT which doesn't rely on the server for MIME)
the use of center offsetting for stepping boxes.

To your original problem, we can't tell much about what is happening to
buttons from the .swf even sometimes if we have the .fla file.

The best way to troubleshoot goto and looping problems is to add a layer
at the top (as a test layer) and place the frame number in text
corresponding to each pertinent frame, so you can see what is happening
when it plays back. If things happen too quickly reduce the frame rate
of the exported .swf In multi-level situations use a Test Movie on a
high level and use Tell Targets.