Subject: Re: Macromedia v. Porno-idiots
From: Dave Smith
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 02:12:33 +0100

Joe Crawford wrote:

> http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,22195,00.html?st.ne.ni.lh
>
> Joe

scrap the garble on the end, here it is:

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,22195,00.html

BTW, what was this guy thinking?

Megarry says MM wouldnt have a problem if it werent an adult site,
but noone ever mentions that its MM's call anyhow, not discrimination.

If your work is copied, you have the right to legal lawsuit or _not_.

If someone copied my work and puts a big dick on the front of it,
I would call it infringement by defacement before I would call it
discrimination.

If they copied my work exactly, gave me credit and place it on a very
popular, professional
site, it would still be MY call whether or not they are infringing.

Botton line is, this guy was to busy updating his servers with smut
instead of having
time to be creative. Should have hired someone.

Was there any money exchanged here? A "settlement", or just removal?

Way to go list for pointing this guy out! Hell, they're a dime a dozen
now.

-DG-