Subject: Related news: MM v. VisualXTC
From: Wayne Townsend
Date: Sat, 16 May 1998 16:10:44 +0100

In related news...

(Bloomberg News)
Senate Approves Extending Copyright Protection to Internet
http://nytsyn.com/IMDS%7CCND7%7Cread%7C/home/content/users/imds/feeds/nytsyn/199
8/05/15/cndin/4319-0151-pat_nytimes%7C/home/content/users/imds/feeds/nytsyn/1998
/05/15/cndin/4327-0157-pat_nytimes%7C/home/content/users/imds/feeds/nytsyn/1998/
05/15/cndin/430

(that's a heck of a URL; you'll have to copy it out & paste into your
browser if your mailer splits the line. Alternatively, goto
http://www.macsurfer.com/ as there are several stories there on it)

At any rate, all the hubub on the list lately about copying shows that
there is a business opportunity here.

Perhaps we could form a group of talented Flash developers, and create a
commercial package of animations (a library), for people to use/modify,
etc., and share in the profit. I'd be willing to do the genesis work
setting this up. I'm thinking about a subscription service to a growing
library of Flash projects - intros, buttons, etc., etc., downloadable from
the web by subscribers.

Is anyone else game?

/wayne

PS: I'm going to post this idea under its own thread "Turning Lemons into
Lemonade"

Wayne Townsend
WebStaffing.Net
Dallas, Texas
US- 972.713.8705
wayneTatTopher [dot] Net (mailto:wayneTatTopher [dot] Net)
wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net (mailto:wayneatWebStaffing [dot] Net)
gscatOnRamp [dot] Net <-- old