Subject: Re: Non-Web Flash Uses
From: Douglas Nottage
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 21:03:55 +0100

I think there is a big market. Why do I say that? Because that's what
Director did and Flash has a lot of similar components. Real lightweight
presentations that users can put on a floppy and pass around will be more
and more popular (both on the web and for sending out via floppy - God
forbid) and then for LANs you can just keep adding more content (and
increasing the file size).

I haven't worked on such projects, but it definitely came to mind as a way
to do so quickly and with minimal disk space. It also offers your clients a
fast way to take those presentations and put them on the web without having
to re-build the presentation with another took.

--Doug