Subject: Re: Follow-up to nightmare (troy)
From: John Croteau
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 05:57:22 +0100

Hi Tony,

Re: http://espritmillennium.ml.org/work/Esprit/intro.html (Note, no
quotes in URL)

I am unable to see your site.
The MIME is not set on your Server, I see a blank black picture on both
Netscape 3 and 4.

Two, my internet connection to you is very slow, I have some spinning
The file size must be huge combined with a slow connection, thus nothing
of use.

> the site movies are 800x 400 pixels in size.
> I will be Aftershocking it so that it
> will always be a % of the screen size, so folks
> with smaller monitors won't have to scroll.
> I'm gonna also try to Javascript it so that it
> opens up its own browser window that eats up the
> entire monitor.

800 x 400 is a 2 to 1 aspect ratio which is better suited to a browser
with all the chrome on. A window with no chrome is a ratio of about 1.35
to one and if you play your movie in that it in a full screen window
there will be a lot of space at the top or the bottom or both (depending
on setting of align.

But the canvas you designed the loading movie appears to be the default
550x400.

Aftershock and using percentage sizes have no relevance in themselves,
as to whether one has to scroll or not.

I have no idea how big your files are but I suggest you use smaller ones
to test for problems and how to construct your movies.

To turn off the Grid goto Modify > Movie and unclick show grid.

BTW your first (and probably all) message came through.
With peer to peer help (for free) you have to be a little patient.

Sorry, I can't be more help, please repost with verbal details (and file
size(s)).
Note, someone else may get a good connection to your site and be able to
help.