Subject: RE: Testing non-flash enabled browsers
From: Jose Savio Ponte
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 13:42:15 +0100

It's possible to test without uninstalls. At list for PC, not sure about how
it works in Macs.
In Netscape Browsers, you can use about-->plugins to see where the file is
located. In my machine, I've got something like npswf32.dll under the
netscape/...../plugins folder in both NN3 and NC4. Move this file to other
place you remember to keep the file back after testing.
For IE4, take a look at the Windows\Downloaded Program Files and if you
delete "Shockwave Flash Object", you 'll have your unflashed ie4. Not sure
if you can move to other folder. Usually, I delete this file and let the
auto install put it back.
For IE3, you can look for swflash.ocx under Windows\system\macromed\flash
and rename or move the file.
Well, everything I said worked fine for me. If there are another way, I
don't know.
HTH,

Savio
savioatcompugraf [dot] com [dot] br