Subject: FLASH: Tell Target question
From: Kevin Jackson
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 22:50:51 +0100

I'm trying to do a Tell Target to an MC. It will occupy the same
portion of the stage that a series of buttons (one of which is
triggering the MC) is located on so I thought I'd have a graphic of
the stage that would fade out and then pull up the new information.
Only problem is that if I put the MC after the objects on the stage
it doesn't show in the properties window and if I put it in the last
frame of the current timeline the current stage is on top of the
playing MC. I'm sure I am just missing something basic but it's
driving me up the wall.

Another question is on what everyone does to do placement of their
MCs since the first frame is set to be blank. I have been copying the
final MC stage into the first frame, using that for placement and
then deleting that but that seems incredibly awkward. Is there a
better way?

Any advice greatly appreciated. I've already wasted half the day, so
I think I'm at an impasse.

Kevin Jackson
kjacksonattriskelian [dot] com