Subject: FLASH: rotating with variables
From: Ian Smith
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 04:12:38 +0100

OK I am trying to have several movie clips appear on to of each other, but
each one rotated 72 deg.

here is the actionscript

Set Variable: "sfquint" = 5
Set Variable: "sfstart" = 0
Set Variable: "sfcount" = 1
Loop While (sfcount <= sfquint)
Duplicate Movie Clip ("../starpass", "starcopy"&sfcount, sfcount)
Set Property ("starcopy"&sfcount, Rotation) = sfstart
Set Variable: "sfcount" = sfcount + 1
Set Variable: "sfstart" = sfstart + 72
End Loop

The clip duplicates at least once and with trace actions I can tell that
the sequence is looping, and the variables are changing, but the clips do
not seem to be rotated at all. Is is something small I am missing with the
syntax? The set property seems to be useless, when I set sfstart to 72 to
start it still duplicates in the same clock position as the original clip

The next thing I want to do is have the appearance of the clips be
staggered, If these actions are all in one movie clip can I have the parent
movie advance with gotonextframe actions between the loops to get that
effect, has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance

Ian Smith

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com