Subject: Re: FLASH: Infinite loop?
From: Laura Mollett
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 05:21:55 +0100

>> I think I just found out what it was, even though I don't know why it's
>> there:
>> In the Action list I was calling a Label, and when I checked the Frame
>> bullet, there was a number 41 there, which is the frame AFTER the last one
>> in the Scene, which sounds like what Laura was saying. I don't know how
> the
>> 41 ever got there!
>
> Addendum:
> This did not make any difference, as in fact 41 WAS the last frame of the
> movie.
> :-)
> I am still getting the same problem... there must be something in the way I
> have all the scripting set up, but I don't have the slightest idea what to
> do here.
>
> -Brian Matthews

Are you trying to use a frame number (that is frame number 41) in a movie
that uses scenes, rather than a label? when the movie is output to an swf,
the timeline all becomes one so the frame numbers aren't the same. might
also be a problem with targeting the scene in the 'if loaded'. you can copy
the script out, it's just a little tricky. open the actionscript window,
click on a line below the first, click on the first again, scroll down to
the button and shift-click on the last line, hit control-c, and then use
control-v to paste it into your email program. Send the part that adds the
second preloader, since it worked before that :)

hth,
Laura

flasher is generously supported by...
World Animation Celebration - Big Internet Animation Pow Wow Discount Offer

Register before May 25 mention flasher and save 25%!! www.wacfest.com

Be discovered, get a job or have your web series picked up. A big talent search for Shockwave
and Flash animators is happening May 30-June 4 in Hollywood. Featuring Rob Burgess, Matt
Groening, Brad Bird and more. www.wacfest.com