Subject: FLASH: Problem with MSIE, Flash and UNIX?
From: Robert Warnke
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:19:08 GMT

Hi Jan,

I visited your side only with MSIE 4 without Flash-Active-X-Control and the
highest security level. (My Netscape 4.5 beta was expired). The problem is
if you changed to the highest security level in MSIE (it is recommend) you
can't download an Active-X-Control. This is right. Who downloaded every
Plugins or Active-X-Controls?

The problem is you have a lot of error message if you visited sides with
Flash. Better is to ask the user if he would like download the
Active-X-Control or plugin and save this answer in a temporary cookie.
Unfortunately is this function not in Aftershock.

Next I 'll test your sides with my Spark workstation. This is a big problem
for Flash. I think there is no player for UNIX. More and more people use the
free UNIX-version LINUX. They can't see the Flash animation.

>Hi Robert,
>
>Hope you can use this one: http://www.newmediago.nl/ there is no button yet
to skip the intro. That will be there >zsomewhere, next week, or this
weekend.