Subject: Re: FLASH: Flash text handling isnt up to par.
From: David Gary
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:21:48 GMT

John Croteau wrote:

> Hi David,
>

> Each Instance of a character in Flash 3 takes 2 bytes and spaces use 1
> byte.
> The shape to draw a character is typically 100-200 bytes, ....<very helpful info
> snipped>

HIya Mr. C,

THanks for the feedback as usual. I think IM a little confused on how FLash
handles fonts. If the user doesnt have the font(In most cases they wont),
then Flash turns the fonts into symbols. How does this work if the swf file has
already been exported and has establised size? If the viewer has the font then
the size wouldnt be as large since Flash doesnt have to recognise the font used
as a symbol, right? But how is this when the file size is already determined upon a
export of swf?

Understand my question?

Also the columns holding text are one single paragraph.

-DG-