Subject: Re: FLASH: alphas
From: John Croteau
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 1998 09:24:21 GMT

Hi Chris,

> >does anybody know how to get rid of the the very faint ghost of a MC when
> >its alpha is set to %0
If you switch you color setting from 65000 color (16 bit) to 24 bit
color it will probably be OK. I have only seen this problem when in 16
bit mode.

There are definate color matching problems in 16 bit mode due to
different algorithms used in determining the 16 bit color palette. In
the 16 bit color mode the color is calculated unlike the 256 color
system it is always close but not always exact.

The browser safe color palette only helps in the 256 color (8 bit) mode,
where colors outside of the color safe palette can be substantually
different than the specified color. Only 24 bit mode with the full 16
million colors has no color problems.

> just remove it on the next frame (that is, put in an extra keyframe
> and delete it) if you still need the layer for something.
Laura's solution of eliminating the now invisible object in the next
frame is a good idea if possible.

Need a PC ? -- Computer King --
http://www.crownmall.com/computers/