Subject: Re: UKNM: Favourite stats analysis software
From: Sajid Mohammed
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 05:00:39 +0100

Got any spare Unix-techies, Giles?

1. You could try Analog (http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/)
which is a popular open source log file analyser. Add in A-Soft Analog
Shell
(http://www.a-softtech.com/Products/PAnalogShell/ProductAnalogShell.html)
which gives it a nice configuration GUI and anaml
(http://www.statslab.cam.ac.uk/~sret1/analog/anaml.pl) which converts
Analog files to XML and you've potentially got a very powerful and
extensible system.

2. Roll your own using WebLog
(http://mnot.cbd.net.au//scripting/python/WebLog/), a set of modules
and classes for Python (http://www.python.org/) that allows you to
parse and manipulate web log files - if you want your spec met exactly
then this is probably the way to do it. Assuming you've got a
programmer with time to spare...

My name's Eric S. Raymond, good night!