Subject: Re: [uk-netmarketing] Re: Death of the "dotcom"
From: Tim Ireland
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 17:09:04 -0000

"John Sullivan" <listsatbenzo8 [dot] org> said
> After the requests for carrier-bag museums and such-like, I've come across
> this:
>
> http://www.disobey.com/ghostsites
>
> Very sad (in the unhappy sense)...

I agree - very sad. Especially as the focus of this site used to be
long-abandoned personal sites of obscure physics professors, chess clubs and
code geeks from the deep dark days of the mid-90's.

Forget all those dashed dreams and lost dollars - the greatest tragedy here
is that 'ghostsites' has lost its innocence in the process.

Or something.

It's Friday - there must be a beer with my name on it *somewhere*.

Tim Ireland
Director of Marketing
www.designercity.com