Subject: RE: [uk-netmarketing] RE: The Rules
From: Dan Winchester
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:50:34 -0000

> I personally think that narrow debates about the
> accessibility / indexability / etc. rights and
> wrongs of individual approaches / technologies
> doesn't ever really advance the debate

The issue under debate is about as broad as you can get.

If you have a resource on the Internet that you want people to see, and that
resource cannot be located by a unique address (URL), then, quite simply,
the Internet will pass your resource by. And so will the www.

BTW, anyone who thinks this is an incidental technical aside has failed to
grasp the medium IMHO.

Cheers
Dan

P.S.

> http://www.arsdigita.com/asj/application-servers

Thanks for that. Makes very interesting reading!