Subject: RE: UKNM: Value of email database
From: Steve Johnston
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 1999 19:26:25 +0100

The value of an email address database is directly proportional to the
level and the nature of permission you have from the recipients in it.
Which clearly means that there is high value associated with the
sensitively collected and managed addresses of the customers of a
particular brand, but as soon as you attempt to pass that permission on
without the consent or knowledge of the customer the value plummets to
almost nothing.

Steve Johnston
Strategy Director
Entranet - creators of online commerce
http://www.entranet.co.uk
steve [dot] johnstonatentranet [dot] co [dot] uk

Mobile +44 (0)7901 853273
Office +44 (0)1491 878787