Subject: Re: UKNM: Urban Fetch - now in the UK
From: Ed Follows
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 16:29:04 +0100

I posted my experience at BagsofTime.com a few weeks
back (loads of free stuff and delivery within 32
minutes - which by the way, won me a free massage
:o)), and so with the launch of Urban Fetch I thought
it would be rude not to carry out a comparison test.

Urban Fetch has a larger product range (although I'm
sure this is something BagsofTime will be working on)
and is a slightly easier site to use IMHO.
Delivery was in under an hour (around 50 minutes) and
came with a free big bag of Kettle Chips and some
freshly baked cookies (hhmmmm, nice).
Overall packaging etc. was a little more 'up-market'
than BagsofTime and I would view the free gifts as
higher quality/worth (things you wouldn't expect to
find in a school packed lunch).

Urban Fetch products overall appear to be a little
cheaper and they accepts more credit cards but one
thing they do miss out on are the gimmicks - such as
the easily selectable list of snacks and toiletries on
your basket page in BagsofTime (the neurofen are a
life saver the morning after!!)

If I had to chose, photo finish but Urban Fetch would
get it (although that free massage for the quickest
delivery is beckoning me back to BagsofTime!).
Whatever, Ian was right - my credit card is gonna be
smoking

Ed