Subject: Re: UKNM: Tesco's Promise!! Haaaa
From: Paul Canty
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:04:45 GMT

I'm a pretty trusting soul, but I must say I don't think I would have
relied on Tesco's delivering all my dinner party requirements to
such a close deadline. Did you have some eggs in the fridge just in
case?

at least you had a good conversation piece I guess...

Luckily, living 2 minutes from a 24 hour Tesco metro, I can get ready
access to fava beans and a fine Chianti whenever my heart desires.
Maybe I should have more dinner parties...

:)

paul canty | p r e l o a d e d | digital media collective
http://www.preloaded.com | paulatpreloaded [dot] com

FM> The home delivery service has got a very long way to go, almost every
aspect
FM> of it is out of sync at the moment....

FM> Tesco's Home-Delivery state that if they are out of a product they will
FM> bring the next best thing. I order a bottle of Sauvignon-Blanc, they
deliver
FM> a bottle of Claret!!!

FM> I was told that the order would be delivered between 6pm & 7pm (so I
leave
FM> work early) & they eventually rock up at 9pm, completely screwing up
cooking
FM> for my friends who arrived at 8pm.

FM> My total bill came to �75 (very high for all that I got, I thought) and
on
FM> checking my order against the food that arrived found that they were �35
FM> out. THEY HAD NOT DELIVERED THIRTY FIVE POUNDS WORTH OF MY ORDER. It
took me
FM> about 20 mins to go through what had been ordered against what had
arrived,
FM> but by that stage I had a bee in my bonnet!!!

FM> That is a CRAP service.

FM> Mc
FM> Fiona Mcleod
FM> Producer
FM> Backend
FM> 1D Zetland House
FM> 5/25 Scrutton Street
FM> London. EC2A 4HJ

FM> tel: +44 (0) 20 7247 6664
FM> fax: +44 (0) 20 7247 2021
FM> www.backend.co.uk

FM> A deepgroup company www.deepgroup.com

FM> Want the latest motorsport news? www.autosport.com
FM> Built by Backend

[Sam says: msg chopped]

Seminars, exhibitions, networking events, parties, conferences.
Finding it difficult to keep up and plan ahead?

Sign up for Chinwag's weekly new media events newsletter,
all the events you need to know about, direct to your inbox.

http://www.chinwag.com/uk-netmarketing/e_index.shtml