Subject: Re[2]: UKNM: so net marketing types?
From: Felix Velarde
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 1998 14:03:18 +0100

There seem to be two schools of thought: the McCann-Erickson argument
- it doesn't matter as long as it's profitable, and the Lowe
Howard-Spink argument - creative excellence breeds success.

I know that it means that such an agency will never be the biggest
agency in the world, but it does have the opportunity to a) be the
most creatively focused, and b) the ones who enjoy their work the
most. And it does seem to work. IPG have, naturally, hedged their
bets. Maybe Sky should have done too.

On 6/10/98 I read:

>PC Display aesthetics aside, we should of course continue to argue
>the toss.
>However, whatever individual industry opinion about the Sky
>campaign, it worked.
>In fact it did extremely well on CTR alone.

Felix Velarde

Managing Director Head New Media

[ success is about interaction ]
[ voice + 44 (0) 171 737 7579 ]