Subject: Re: FLASH: pre loading a swf
From: Russell E. Unger
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:00:18 +0100

I've a preloader tutorial you can utilize....

http://www.zaxcoms.com/tutorials.html

Here's something to consider:

Seeing as Flash is STREAMING media, it is not always (some will argue ever)
neccessary to use a preloader. In movies where I have a "Stop" action on a
first frame, I generally will not do a preloader, but may qualify that the
user is 25% through the entire movie load before a button will appear.

Really, it depends upon the project.

HTH,

Russ