Subject: RE: FLASH: Flash - a newbie to sound query
From: .:vibri:.
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 16:15:47 +0100

Hi Klyve,

As it is stated in the Flash Manual:
Generally, it's best to use 22 kHz 16-bit mono sounds (stereo uses twice as
much data as mono), but Flash can import either 8- or 16-bit sounds at
sample rates of 11 kHz, 22 kHz, or 44 kHz.

I would add to this statement the term *uncompressed*...

Check if you are saving the wav in your sound processing tool with ADPCM
compression.
(It looks as a wav, it sounds as a wav, but it's not *the wav* Flash can
import ! :)
This was my *headache* when I began working with sounds in Flash.

happy soundin' ! :)

brian