Subject: RE: FLASH: Scenes and Tell Target
From: SMITH,JERRY V. (HP-Boise,ex1)
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 23:41:42 +0100

>Hi Jerry.
>
>When you create the TellTarget action, do you see the MC
>instance name in the drop-down box of targets? You should,
>since you're on the same timeline.

I do, and I select it...

>If you don't see it, perhaps you've created a new, unnamed
>instance of the MC by inserting a keyframe. Place the MC
>on its own layer to insure against this.

It is named 'Pre_Toggle' and sure enough Actions can see it and insert its
name into the Actions field. As stated, I've tried the default
'/Pre_Toggle', also 'Pre_Toggle', '/', 'Edit/Pre_Toggle', &c.

>The way your MC is set up now, when it is first encountered
>by the playback head it will play to frame 5 and stop.
>Clicking the button once should cause it to play to frame 10.
>Clicking again should cause it to loop and play frames 1-5.

And that is exactly what I want it to do (hence the 'toggle' name...)

...I dun'no, I guess I'll copy frames and create MC's out of everything and
put it all into just one scene with just one timeline. At least then I can
follow the examples as outlined in the manual. I just don't understand why
a program would supply you with the capability to do 'scenes' and not at
least make them as functional as MC's.

>Marc Hoffman
>
>marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com (mailto:marcatdartfrogmedia [dot] com)
>Flash3 Portfolio: <http://www.dartfrogmedia.com/sampler>, featured
>in Flash 3 Web Animation, by Ken Milburn.

Jerry V. Smith
jerry_v_smithatam [dot] exch [dot] hp [dot] com