Subject: Re: round bitmap
From: Troy Bennet
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 17:55:19 +0100

Marcantonio Magnarapa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to insert a round bitmap into a circle in Flash 3,
> win95. Tracing it results in a far too complex wireframe.
>
> How can I do it? I tried to cut a circular selection from a painting
> program, but Flash imports a square selection instead.
>
> Any help is appreciated. :)

I would create a symbol of the bitmap (of course !)
Then I would edit the symbol. Break apart the bitmap.
Draw a circle the size you want outside of the bitmap.

Drag the bitmap over the graphic and drop it. Deselect all.
now click outside of the circle. Hopefully, only the outer portion
of the bitmap will select. Delete that. select the circle, only the circle
will select. Delete that. Not sure if it's better to leave it broken or regrouped?

Oh yeah, you might need to break apart or ungroup the bitmap more than once at
the start
of this process.

Hope this helps.

troyb