Subject: AW: FLASH: I'm looking for good Flash examples
From: Robert Warnke
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 1998 17:10:50 +0100

Hi,

your are right. My English is not good I choose wrong words. But I think you
know what I mean.

I think a lot of designers (especially Director designer) don't know the
difference between an interactivity and an animation. An interactivity
mustn't have a time delay or an animation. I take a choice and then I'll go
to the right point immediately.

I hate time delay in an intro of a page. If I visit a side I would like see
fast the content of this. May be I have 1000 results of a search engine and
I would like see other sides maybe. If I see a side with delay I put the
"Back" button immediately. It is enough to wait for download time. Who pay
my phone bill?

If a designer put an animation or sound on his side he have to inform the
user about this. Only the user can decide if he use this. Flash allow the
designer to decide this - very bad.

I think Flash is more a toy for designers. The bad style of a lot of sides
with Flash will surfers annoy.
The load of every page can stopped with the stop button in the Browser. If
the page has good HTML-code then they would work without images. But in
Flash the browser buttons don't work right. I have no control about my
browser.
I can't accept this "user interface".

Thank you

Robert Warnke

HI!!

Its not the definition of a good user interface... Im a teacher too... I
gave a cours named "Interface Personne Machine" Its the psychologie of the
interaction between a human and a machine.... And a user interface is really
not the definition you gave.... sorry!!!

>- NO time delays or animation between the interactivities. This is very
impolite!

I dont know where you find this... an animation BTW intarctivities can be
use to help the user to understand the movements of the interfaces... If its
correctly presented, it can be very useful..

If you want we can discuss about our cours..

BEYBYE

Steve Couture