Subject: Re: UKNM: Egg.com website
From: Phil Gyford
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 17:59:25 +0100

At 12:41 13/10/98 +0100, you wrote:
>We've just been involved in the launch of the Egg website for the
>Prudential. If anyone has time to take a look or has come across any of
>our banners, we'd really appreciate any feedback.

At the risk of sounding clueless, I've never heard of this Egg thing before
(have I missed lot of other marketing?). I looked at this last night and
was absolutely *no* wiser as to what it was I was looking at. Got that
pointless long intro screen and very nearly went somewhere else before it
finished. Then got a page asking me for my email address, and it still
didn't tell me anything about what the site was for.

I don't understand the point of a long intro animation like that given how
short people's Web attention spans are. And although it's great not having
to wait for it when visiting the site again (I assume it cookies you?) it's
a little confusing to go to the same URL and get a different front page.

Just decided I really should look at some other pages, but the 'Savings'
link took me to another animation about a woman and I couldn't be bothered
to wait any more.

On a slightly more constructive level... the font used for the menus/links
doesn't seem a very good one for (far too) small text. The 'a's for example
just end up as blobs. Bigger text, clearer font needed.

Happy, happy, joy, joy,
Phil

Phil Gyford
Deputy Editor, Capital Interactive / http://capitalinteractive.com